* ON SALE NOW *
This is Australia’s only true species of Leaf Insect!
Found in tropical rainforest, this species prefers to feed on Lilly Pilly (Syzygium australe).
Females are flightless, despite possessing vestigial wings.
All of our specimens are Captively-reared by us in our Blue Mountains Bug Lab!
All of our specimens are parasite-free!
– Specimens shipped will be at least 3rd or 4th instar. (not adult or sub-adult)
– Our specimens are from an asexual colony, which means we only have females, and unless mated with a male, they will only have female offspring.
– This species requires extremely slow, careful and patient handling. Limited handling is recommended.
– Not recommended for beginners or children.
– This species prefers to feed on the foliage of Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe. (This species may eat Eucalyptus, Acacia but tend to do best with Lilly Pilly).
Currently Only Shipping to Qld, NSW, ACT, Vic, Tas and SA, Australia.
– Appropriate well-ventilated enclosure
– Regular fresh foliage (Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe)
– Water Spray Bottle
– Ambient Temperature range of 18-28C (Ideal ~22C)
– Humidity Levels of 60-80%
– Well-ventilated mesh enclosure (a fan/light breeze is also highly beneficial)
– Regular supply of fresh Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe foliage
– Regular spray with water
– Adequate room to moult / grow.
Please note: These leaf insects will not readily eat any other food plant other than Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe. You should get prepared with access to this foodplant before you purchase these animals. Please note; whilst you can purchase potted varieties of Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe from nurseries including Bunnings, please be aware that it is covered in a waxy protectant that will kill your insects. These plants will need to be left outside in the weather for 3 months before using / feeding to your insects.