Everything you need to keep Australian Leaf Insects, in one handy kit!
All specimens have been captively reared by us in our Blue Mountains Bug Lab.
As part of the Kit, you will receive:
– 2 Female Australian Leaf Insects Walaphyllium monteithi (immature)
– 1 Square Pop-up Enclosure 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
– 1 Water Spray bottle
– 1 Care sheet
– Ongoing Email Consultancy for the life of your animal(s).
– Regular fresh foliage from Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe
– Jar to hold water/foliage
– Ambient Temperature range of 22-28C
– Humidity Levels of 60-80%
These leaf insects will not readily eat food plants other than Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe. You should get prepared with access to this foodplant before you purchase these animals. Please note; whilst you can purchase potted varieties of Lilly Pilly Syzygium australe from nurseries including Bunnings, please be aware that it is covered in a waxy protectant that will kill your insects. These plants will need to be left outside in the weather for 3+ months before using / feeding to your insects.
– Specimens shipped will be at least 3rd or 4th instar. (not adult or sub-adult)
– Our specimens are from an asexual colony, which means we only have females, and unless mated with a male, they will only have female offspring.
– This species requires extremely slow, careful and patient handling. Limited handling is recommended.
– Not recommended for beginners or children.
Currently Only Shipping to Qld, NSW, ACT, Vic, Tas and SA, Australia.